August 16, 2020
Stanley Park, Calgary, AB
Registration is open.
We are being permitted to host this event on August 16, 2020. And we’re calling it Sprung Trio this year because it feels like we’ve been “sprung” free to have a run! Of course, we will be following protocols put in place to abide by provincial guidelines around Covid-19. We will be updating information as things evolve and we get closer to the day but here are a few of the things you can expect:
- You will choose a window of time for package pick up and will only be allowed to collect your package at that time.
- You will be starting in small groups of 40 people with one person starting every 10 seconds.
- There will be two zones before the start line each accommodating 40 people with distance markers.
- Markers will be on the ground to indicate where you will stand before starting.
- The start and finish line will be in different locations in the park.
- When running, you must maintain physical distancing and call out when you’re passing another athlete.
- The finish line will be separated into two sides.
- You will be encouraged to depart shortly after finishing.
- A pre event screening questionnaire will be sent to all athletes.
- You will be required to acknowledge that you have read all of the race information including Covid protocols.
In honour of our friend who collapsed while running this race in 2019, the stroller and dog friendly 5 km race is now named the Greg Kuhl Memorial 5km. Dogs on leash only please.
There is free parking in and around the park. Your entry fee includes a tri-blend t-shirt, finishers medal, post race lunch with an assortment of Mr. Sub sandwiches and Old Dutch chips, $5.00 beer and all of the activities for the kids.
The kids run is open to all ages and wee ones can run with mom and/or dad if you like. There is no charge for parents to run with their kids in the kids race.
Warm up after winter with your choice of distance! There is nothing like the first race of the season to get rid of the winter blues. Here is your chance to get started early with a warm up race of 5km (stroller and dog friendly), 10km, or try the unique 15km distance.
Race package pick up : details to come soon. You will sign up for window of time to pick up your package on Saturday, August 15.
Race day information and protocols will be posted here shortly.
Click here for parking options. Parking is free in all of these locations.
Check out our Spring Trio Trail race (learn more on our Spring Trio Trail page). Tackle the pathway version from Stanley Park then the trail version from Sandy Beach. Our finishers medals go together to make an even cooler medal if you do both races! People who do both races will also receive a “double header” beer glass.
Please note: race registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable. You will be given the option to purchase cancellation insurance when you register online. You can transfer your own registration between distances by notifying the race office.