Sunday, November 8, 2020
North Glenmore Park, Calgary, AB
2020 registration is now open. Click here.
The plan was to move to Repsol Centre this year but, with Covid guidelines, we can’t gather indoors so we will be starting/finishing at North Glenmore Park this year. There is plenty of room for us to implement our Covid guidelines.
Rolling starts will begin at 9:30. Half marathon runners will be first, followed by 10km runners. Of course, we will be following protocols put in place to abide by provincial guidelines around Covid-19. We will be updating information as things evolve and we get closer to the day but here are a few of the things you can expect:
A detailed event day package will be posted here as we get closer to November 8.
- You will choose a window of time for package pick up and will only be allowed to collect your package at that time. A link for package pick up will be sent on November 1.
- You will be asked to answer a screening questionnaire and submit it electronically or bring it with you to package pick up.
- You will be starting in small groups of 30 people with one person starting every 10 seconds. You will choose a start time within a 10 minute window specific to your distance. Start time for each distance will be posted when we get closer and see how many are registered for each distance. You will be able to sign up for a start time (rather than us assigning it) so you can be with friends or family if you wish.
- There will be two zones before the start line each accommodating 30 people with distance markers.
- Markers will be on the ground to indicate where you will stand before starting.
- The start and finish line will be in different locations in the park.
- When running, you must maintain physical distancing and call out when you’re passing another athlete.
- The finish line will be separated into two sides.
- You will be encouraged to depart shortly after finishing.
- You will be required to acknowledge that you have read all of the race information including Covid protocols.
We all know that the running season doesn’t end when the snow flies, but it seems like races do! This is your opportunity to get one final race in before everyone retreats to their treadmills.
Be There Races presents the 15th annual Last Chance Half Marathon. Not up for a half marathon in November? Or just want a gentler distance? We introduced a 10km in 2019 which became very popular. The 10 km route will be on the same pathways as the half marathon with an earlier turn around point.
The race is chip timed and all participants in both distances receive a finishers medal, and a tri blend t-shirt. Watch this space for a medal preview in the coming months.
We are not allowed to have a awards ceremony at this time.
Race package pick up
Race package pick will be on Saturday, November 7 between 10:30 and 4:30. You will choose your pick up time during the week prior.
Important race day information
Will be posted at least one week before the run.
Fundraising for MitoCanada
When you register for the Last Chance Half Marathon online, you can also choose to make a donation directly to our charity partner, MitoCanada. Or, you can send the link to friends and family who can sponsor you.
Please note: race registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable. You will be given the option to purchase cancellation insurance when you register online. You can transfer your own registration between distances.