Sunday, November 15, 2020
North Glenmore Park, Calgary, AB
2020 registration is still open. Click here.
UPDATES: Thank you everybody for your patience and understanding while we worked through this postponement. After postponing this event on November 8 due to unsafe weather conditions, we will now be doing the run on Sunday, November 15. All registered participants have received an email. The new restrictions announced by the province on Thursday, November 12 do not affect the event.
The route and location stay the same. We are making some small changes to start times and all registered runners have received an email. The final half marathon start time will be at 10:10. 10km start times will begin at 10:15. Half marathon runners, please stay with the start time you originally chose unless it was 10:20. You will now start at 10:10. 10km runners, your start time will simply be 15 minutes earlier. For example, if you chose 10:30, you will now start at 10:15.
If you want to switch distances or transfer to the virtual option, let us know via email and we’ll get that sorted for you. The same Covid protocols will still be in place so be sure to review the race day information. If you hadn’t already filled out the Covid questionnaire, please be sure to do so.
Package pick up: if you did not pick up your package or if you registered after November 8, please come to a short package pick up at Strides Marda Loop on Saturday, November 14 between 10:30 and 11:30.
2020 registration is still open. Click here.
The plan was to move to Repsol Centre this year but, with Covid guidelines, we can’t gather indoors so we will be starting/finishing at North Glenmore Park this year. There is plenty of room for us to implement our Covid guidelines. The new restrictions around social gatherings do not affect the event as we are a structured event with Covid protocols in place that is not for the purpose of socializing.
*NEW* Virtual option. A few people have expressed interest in doing the run virtually so we have added that option. You will still come to package pick up on Saturday where you will collect your shirt and medal. Please let us know either on Saturday or via email in advance if you wish to switch to the virtual option. All virtual runners will receive an email from Startline Timing with instructions and a link to upload your Garmin or Strava files for timing. You can run anywhere, anytime between now and end of day on November 22.
Most people picked up their packages on Saturday, November 7 and, at this time, we’re not planning an additional package pick up. We may consider adding a short window on Saturday, November 14 for new registrations and people who have not yet picked up.
Rolling starts will begin at 9:30. Half marathon runners will be first, followed by 10km runners. Of course, we will be following protocols put in place to abide by provincial guidelines around Covid-19. We will be updating information as things evolve and we get closer to the day but here are a few of the things you can expect:
A detailed event day package will be posted here on November 4th.
- You will choose a window of time for package pick up and will only be allowed to collect your package at that time. A link for package pick up will be sent on November 1.
- You will be asked to answer a screening questionnaire and submit it electronically.
- You will be starting in small groups of 30 people with one person starting every 10 seconds. You will choose a start time within a 10 minute window specific to your distance. Start time for each distance will be posted when we get closer and see how many are registered for each distance. You will be able to sign up for a start time (rather than us assigning it) so you can be with friends or family if you wish.
- There will be two zones before the start line each accommodating 30 people with distance markers.
- Markers will be on the ground to indicate where you will stand before starting.
- The start and finish line will be in different locations in the park.
- When running, you must maintain physical distancing and call out when you’re passing another athlete.
- The finish line will be separated into two sides.
- You will be encouraged to depart shortly after finishing.
- You will be required to acknowledge that you have read all of the race information including Covid protocols.
We all know that the running season doesn’t end when the snow flies, but it seems like races do! This is your opportunity to get one final race in before everyone retreats to their treadmills.
Be There Races presents the 15th annual Last Chance Half Marathon. Not up for a half marathon in November? Or just want a gentler distance? We introduced a 10km in 2019 which became very popular. The 10 km route will be on the same pathways as the half marathon with an earlier turn around point.
The race is chip timed and all participants in both distances receive a finishers medal, and a tri blend t-shirt. Watch this space for a medal preview in the coming months.
We are not allowed to have an awards ceremony at this time.
Race package pick up
Race package pick will be on Saturday, November 7 at Strides Running Store Marda Loop. Please see the link above to sign up for your package pick up time. You will only be permitted to pick up during your chosen window.
Fundraising for MitoCanada
When you register for the Last Chance Half Marathon online, you can also choose to make a donation directly to our charity partner, MitoCanada. Or, you can send the link to friends and family who can sponsor you.
Please note: race registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable. You will be given the option to purchase cancellation insurance when you register online. You can transfer your own registration between distances.