Thanksgiving Monday October 12, 2020
South Glenmore Park
Click here to register
We’ve added this 5 & 10 km run to the fall line up just for fun. On the day where you may be eating leftovers, we’re giving you a leftover run! The course will be measured and marked with our amazing volunteers out there to help you. You will receive race swag – t-shirts and medals – you just never know what race they might be from. Hence the “leftovers”! But it’s only 25 bucks to enter so come have some fun with us and choose your swag at package pick up.
Rolling starts will begin at 9:00. 10km runners will be first, followed by 5km runners. Of course, we will be following protocols put in place to abide by provincial guidelines around Covid-19. We will be updating information as things evolve and we get closer to the day but here are a few of the things you can expect:
A detailed event day package will be posted here as we get closer to October 12.
- You will choose a window of time for package pick up and will only be allowed to collect your package at that time. A link for package pick up will be sent on October 7.
- You will be asked to answer a screening questionnaire and submit it electronically or bring it with you to package pick up.
- You will be starting in small groups of no more than 30 people with one person starting every 10 seconds. You will choose a start time within a 10 minute window specific to your distance. Start time for each distance will be posted when we get closer and see how many are registered for each distance. You will be able to sign up for a start time (rather than us assigning it) so you can be with friends or family if you wish.
- There will be two zones before the start line each accommodating 30 people with distance markers.
- Markers will be on the ground to indicate where you will stand before starting.
- The start and finish line will be in different locations in the park.
- When running, you must maintain physical distancing and call out when you’re passing another athlete.
- The finish line will be separated into two sides.
- You will be encouraged to depart shortly after finishing.
- You will be required to acknowledge that you have read all of the race information including Covid protocols.
Please note: race registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable. You will be given the option to purchase cancellation insurance when you register online. You can transfer your own registration between distances.